Elders Voice works with over 2,000 older people across Brent each year and has been doing so since 1993. We provide practical, emotional and social opportunities to people ranging in age from 55 years to over 100. The services are therefore as varied as the people who use them.
Thank you to everyone - individuals and organisations - who've helped Elders Voice continue its powerful and necessary work this year.
We are here to:
- Listen to you
- Provide adaptations and do small repairs to keep your home safe
- Help you access and remain active in your garden
- Provide information and advice
- Offer volunteering opportunities in the home, garden and to set up and run clubs and classes
- Help get the views and experience of older people heard and responded to
- Set up services that are needed and find the funds to do so
- Bring people together and have fun
Elders Voice is proud to present "The Wisdom Collection" website created by local student, Gavin Barnes for his thesis. Some of our members share thoughtful and funny insights into life, love, relationships and happiness.
Annual General Meeting 2013Elders Voice held it's Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 1st October at our premises at 181 Mortimer Road, Kensal Green. We were very fortunate to welcome Jim Carter - Mr. Carson, Downton Abbey - as our guest speaker. We would like to thank him for entertaining us with his anecdotes of life above and below stairs at Downton. We also presented two videos showing the inter-generational road safety work that we have conducted in Brent and Hammersmith and Fulham. One of these will soon be downloaded on Youtube and will shortly be available to view on this website. The Mayor of Brent also attended the event and spoke about the work Elders Voice and the Council carry out in partnership. Many thanks to everyone who came and we look forward to seeing you through the year and at next year's AGM.
Investigate a broad range of activities and resources that you can get involved in with Elders Voice.